Saturday, April 25, 2009

Have An Open Mind


I always entertain great hopes.

by Robert Frost


I think this quote is great! How often do we keep our mind open to new thoughts or ideas. And when we do get a great idea, how often do we just let go of it out of fear. You know what I'm telling you. The fear of not being able to succeed, what will others think or maybe even the fear of succeeding. Who hasn't let fear creep into our everyday lives?


I made up my mind to refuse to allow myself to have low expectations of what I am capable of doing in this lifetime. As Michelangelo suggested, the greater danger is not that your hopes are too high and you fail them; it's that they are too low and you do.


I believe one of the hardest things to do is letting go to the attachments of certain mind sets that we were conditioned over the years. From an early age we have been bombarded with rules and what we are capable to do. An example of this would be the myth that girls can't do math. It took me years later to find out that I was actually quite good at math! We let society put labels on us. How often we let these thoughts take over our every day living!


Open Your mind to all possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment